My name is Sarah and I am fully prepared to bring out my inner nerd because who said comics aren’t “cool”? Not me! And who are you to say anyways hummm? So if you are interested then read away my friends and realize that to every story there is far more that meets the eye on every page!
Throughout reading this blog you will come to discover some of the social controversies discussed in Frank Millers Batman: The Dark Knight Returns as well as political theories and american ideologies.
- The Dark Knight – Shows us a comparison between Frank Miller’s Batman and Christopher Nolan’s Batman, as well as a compare and contrast of their graphic decisions.
- A Woman? – Gives us a look at sexual controversies such as Frank Miller’s decision to make Robin a woman.
- I’m Born Again– A look at the fight against stereotyping, mainly ageism within Frank Miller’s comic
- Introduce a Little Anarchy– Some theory’s around capitalism and political aspects of Batman within Nolan’s trilogy and Frank Millers Comic
- Be Batman– How you can be Batman thanks to mass production, media and propaganda and the consumer society American’s live in.
- Cinematic Faith– An interview with director Christopher Nolan, touching on previously mentioned topics
- The Mark of Zorro– A re-blog that examines early superhero’s which I then related to the creation of Batman
- Social Media– Another re-blog about viral media cosplay for the hardcore fans and how mass media propaganda can lead to out of control situations
- And. Here. We. Go! – takes you on a trip to some of the other students in my class who have done critical analysis of very interesting american literature.
Ps. Feel free to leave me a comment as I would love to hear your thoughts, opinions, comments, remarks, speculations, concerns, reviews, observations, two-cents?… oh man one too many classes with Joel Beatz!